Using roles, you can define which access rights a user has. A User can be assigned to more than one role; also, multiple users can be assigned to one role.
Basic role configuration
|Role Name:||Is used to easily identify the role in the user management.|
|Role Description:||Allows for a detailed description of roles.|
Choose which accounts a user in this role may access.
Here you can choose which products users can access in this role. The chosen products are always available for all accounts chosen at "Account assignment".
Only these products are available which are part of your contract. For further questions, please contact our Support.
Choose which users are assigned to this role.
Alternatively, users can be assigned to a role within the "Users" area.
Analyses access configuration
Choose which analyses are shown in the Analytics main menu.
- No: Users of this role do not have access to standard analyses.
- Full: All analyses are shown to users of this role.
- Custom: For each analysis it can be determined whether users of this role have access to it.
If access is granted on the top level or second level, access will also automatically be granted for newly created analyses.
Example: If you grant access to "Navigation > Content Groups", then all Content Groups are shown in the main menu for users assigned to this role. If a new Content Group is created, it will also be shown in the analysis.
Report access configuration
For each role the access level for reports can be defined. Further, categories are assigned to each role. The access level applies for all categories that are assigned to a role
- View: Read permission for reports shared with this login
- Create: + Creating own reports
- Categorize: + Assign report to categories
- Edit/Delete: + Edit and Delete
- Full Access: All rights for every report (also private reports!)
Please note: If a user is assigned to multiple roles, the rights of these roles are merged.
Example: A user has the right "View" for the category "Marketing" in one role, and in another role the right "Edit/Delete" for this category. In this case, he may edit and delete reports of this category.
Custom figures access configuration
Choose whether users can create, edit or delete custom metrics or formulas.
Even if this option is not activated, custom figures still are available in analyses and reports.
- Best Practice Admin - User Management: Basic Use Case
- Best Practice Admin - User Management: Extended Use Case
- Best Practice How to hide specific dimensions and metrics for users