To meet GDPR compliance, it becomes crucial to only share user data with third-party vendors if the affected users gave their consent.
Although data collection with Webtrekk does not require any opt-in by the user, pushing user information to third-party vendors via Webtrekk audience stream might need consent.
In such cases, you now have the option of configuring your audience stream campaigns in accordance with the law.
Proceed as follows to set it up:
1. Configuring the URM Category for User Consent
The user consent should be tracked and stored in "URM Categories". Depending on how you manage the user consent, one "URM Category" per vendor might be appropriate. First, create an appropriate URM category:
- Log in to your Webtrekk Q3 account.
- Go to Settings > Categories > URM - Categories.
- Click [New Category]. The specification dialog for product categories opens.
- Select the data type "Text" for the URM category containing a user consent information.
- Click [Save] to save your settings.
2. Tracking User Consent
Now the new "URM Category" needs to be filled with the consent information.
1 = opt-in
0 = opt-out
Any other value is interpreted as "Opt-Out".
URM Categories can be tracked by a normal page request, and even with an action request. You can also import the values for these URM categories, based on your "Customer ID".
3. Setting up Opt-In Check for Campaigns
If you now set up a new audience stream campaign or edit an existing one in Tag Integration, make the following settings:
- Under "Target group", activate the checkbox "Check for user consent in URM category".
- From the dropdown list, select the appropriate URM category, which contains the consent information.
From this point on, this audience stream campaign will only be triggered if the URM category for the current user has the value "1".
The option "Check for user consent in URM category" can be used for any other kind of Webtrekk marketing campaign.