The configuration of custom parameters is done in Webtrekk Q3. For doing so, click on "Webtrekk Q3 > Configuration > Custom Parameters".
Various parameter types are available:
|Parameter||Based on dimension|
|Campaign parameters||Ad Media|
|E-Commerce parameters||Order ID|
|Independent parameters||Date with time|
Click on "Create New Custom Parameter" in the desired tab.
- Title: Shows the name of the parameter.
- Description: Is used for the help function.
- Active: In case of deactivation no data is collected. The analysis of historical data is still possible.
- Preconfigured: Choose between a number of predefined parameters, that, for example, are used in the plugins in Tag Integration, and an own configuration.
- Parameter-ID: This ID is used in Tag Integration or the standard pixel to assign values to this parameter.
- Datatype: When selecting "Text", this parameter is available as dimension, for "Figure" as metric and for "General" it is only available in the raw data export.
- Aggregation: If "Figure" is chosen as datatype, the figure type can be selected.
- "Quantity": Shows, how often a parameter was tracked.
- "Quantity and Sum": In addition to the quantity a metric is generated, that adds up the tracked values.
Example: A parameter is submitted twice, once with the value 5 and once with the value 3. "Quantity" amounts to 2, "Sum" amounts to 8.
- Amount Parameter Values: How much information should be submitted in one request? Further information can be found here.