The setup of categories is done in Webtrekk Q3. For doing so, click on "Webtrekk Q3 > Configuration > Categories".
Various categories are available:
|Category||Based on dimension|
|Campaign Categories||Ad Media|
|Time Categories||Date with Hours|
Click on "New Category" in the desired tab.
- Title: Shows the name of the category. Use a prefix (e.g. "CG" for content group) to group similar categories. Thus, for example, the categories are listed directly next to each other in the lists of dimensions and metrics.
- Description: Is used for the help function.
- Active: In case of deactivation no data is collected. The analysis of historical data is still possible.
- Category ID: This ID is used in Tag Integration or the standard pixel to assign values to this parameter.
- Datatype: When selecting "Text", this category is only available as dimension, for "Figure" as metric.
- Aggregation: If "Figure" is chosen as datatype, the figure type can be selected.
- "Quantity": Shows, how often a category was tracked.
- "Sum": A metric is generated, that adds up the tracked values.
Example: A category is submitted twice, once with the value 5 and once with the value 3. "Quantity" amounts to 2, "Sum" amounts to 8.
- Constant (only when "Datatype" is set to "Figure" and "Aggregation" is set to "Sum" or "Quantity and Sum"): When "Constant2 is chosen, the submitted value stays invariable independent from the number of accesses of the dimension.
Example: Per import a value of 100 is submitted in a product category for a jacket. The product is purchased ten times.
If the category is defined as "Constant", the value is 100.
If the category is not defined as "Constant" and the "Aggregation" is defined as "Sum", the value is 1.000.
If the category is not defined as "Constant" and the "Aggregation" is set to "Quantity", the value is 10.
- With Time Reference (only when "Datatype" is set to "Figure"): The time reference allows the import of multiple values per day.
- Hierarchy (only when "Datatype" is set to "Text"): A tree of categories is built in Webtrekk Q3 (e.g. "Page Tree"). With this dropdown field is is set, if and where the category is depicted there.
- Data Spurce: Allows the export and import of this category.
- First Pixel Assignment: If set to "No", values submitted via the pixel are not tracked. Only useful, if incorrect data is submitted.
Please note, that categories have to be set up prior to the data submission. This is necessary, because the category is only read at the first ever access of the categorized dimension.