A visit (a.k.a. "session") describes the visit of the website by a user.
A visit starts with the first page that was impressed or the first event that was measured (e.g., the click on a link).
By default, it ends after 30 minutes of inactivity (e.g., no page or event was measured).
This time span is also called "session timeout" and can be configured individually by Mapp Intelligence.
A user views three pages:
- For the corresponding day, two visits are shown, because there were more than 30 minutes between the pages "search" and "home".
- In the pages analysis, the example yields the following results:
Example for using this metric in a filter:
- Show only data of users that performed more than three visits:
The Auto scope is "Visitors". Alternatively, you could choose "Visitors" as a scope.
- Visits per Visitor: Shows how many Visits are performed on average by a visitor.
- % of All Visits: Shows in what percentage of all visits the dimension was tracked.
- URM - Customer Visits: Shows the accumulated visits, that a visitor had had until the specified date.
- URM - Customer Profile Visits: Shows the accumulated number of visits, that a visitor has generated since his first contact.