Shows whether website accesses were made by new visitors, returning visitors or unknown visitors.
The first visit of a user.
No Mapp Intelligence cookie exists and no known Customer ID has been tracked.
Alle User that have visited the website before at least once. A Mapp Intelligence cookie exists or a known customer ID has been tracked.
Only for visits in which only 1 request (i.e., a click or a page impression) was performed. Cookies are not accepted and no known Customer ID has been passed.
Example for usage in Mapp Intelligence:
Two users performed the following visits on February 13 and 14:
- New vs. Returning
- Traffic Analysis:
Example for Usage in the Filter Engine:
- Show only data of users that performed a visit once:
The Auto scope is evaluated as "Visits". Alternatively, you can choose the scope "Visits" directly.
Similar Figures and Dimensions:
- New Visits: Shows the number of first visits on the website
- Returning Visits: Shows the number of returning visits
- New Visit Rate %: Shows the share of new visits on all visits
- Returning Visit Rate %: Shows the percentage of visits on all visits
- URM - Customer Visits: Shows the lifetime visits of a single user up to a specific point of time