Shows, how many pixels can be displayed on the screen in total. These are so-called "CSS pixel", that were specifically introduced for web developers.
A rounding in steps by 10 is done.
"unknown" includes accesses, for which no screen resolution could be determined.
Procedure for determining the screen resolution:
- For desktop devices:
- The information about the screen resolution is submitted via the tracking pixel.
- If the pixel can't read the screen resolution, the value "unknown" is submitted.
- For mobile devices (mobile phones and tablets):
- If the tracking pixel submits the screen resolution of the device, this value is used.
- If the tracking pixel doesn't submit the screen resolution of the device:
- Webtrekk maintains an internal database with known screen resolutions of mobile devices (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S8 -> screen resolution is 2,960 x 1,440 px). If the mobile device and its screen resolution is listed there, this value is used for the screen resolution.
- If the mobile device and its screen resolution is not listed in the database:
- In some cases the screen resolution can be determined based on the operating system (e.g. some old versions of iOS only run on devices with a specific resolution).
- If the screen resolution still can't be determined by this procedure, the value "unknown" is depicted.