This dimension is part of the pages path analysis and shows the direct preceeding page of a page within the same visit.
Between both pages, no further pages can be viewed.
Using this dimension is most useful if you restrict your analysis to a specific page (i.e., the page that follows the shown "preceeding page").
A user views the following pages in the given order within a visit:
Regarding Page C,
- the Preceding Page is Page B,
- the Second Preceding Page is Page A.
Example for using this dimension in an analysis:
How do user reach the page "en.404"?
Analysis using a filter:
Prior to the page en.404 the page en.service was accessed 7,128 times.
Analysis in a pivot table
- Second Preceeding Pages: pages viewed directly before the preceeding page
- Follower Pages: pages viewed directly after a page
- Second Follower Pages: pages viewed directly after the follower page
- Training document Analyses 5 – Analysis of Navigation Paths.