Is part of the pages path analysis and shows the directly preceding page of a page within a visit.
Between both pages, other pages may have been accessed.
Using this dimension is only useful when you restrict your analysis to a single (preceding) page.
A user views the following pages within a visit:
Regarding Page C:
- the Preceding Page is Page B,
- the Second Preceding Page is Page A.
Example for using this dimension in an analysis:
The most common usage of this dimension is the Preceding Pages Path:
The page en.women.shoes was viewed 190720 times. In 12485 cases, prior to this page first the page en.home and then en.women was viewed.
- Preceding Pages: the pages viewed before an arbitrary page
- Follower Pages: the pages viewed after an arbitrary page
- Second Follower Pages: the pages viewed after the follower page
- Training document Analyses 5 – Analysis of Navigation Paths