Is part of the pages path analysis and shows the direct preceding pages within the visit.
Between both pages, no other pages may have been viewed.
Using this dimension is only useful if you restrict your analysis to one or more specific preceding pages.
A user views the following pages within a visit:
Based on Page C:
- the "Preceding Page" is Page B
- the "Second Preceding Page" is Page A
Example for Usage in an Analysis:
Most often, this dimension is used in the Preceding Pages path:
27.731 times the page en.women was viewed. 3.055 times the page en.women.jackets was viewed directly before, and en.women.jackets.winter jacket was viewed 1.348 times directly before both.
- Preceding Pages: the pages viewed directly before an arbitrary page
- Follower Pages: the pages viewed directly after an arbitrary page
- Second Follower Pages: the pages viewed directly after the follower page of an arbitraty page.
- Training document Analyses 5 – Analysis of Navigation Paths